Already talked about me installing Arabic version of WP … Next I had to customize the site with some theme, so I got a nice theme from Themes.Wordpress.net & had first to change text orientation, which was a rather easy task using CSS, & then rested to translate the English titles, warnings, captions, etc to Arabic.
For that I needed to edit the PHP files of the theme, I started yesterday & finished about two hours ago, the pages I worked on were the following: 404.php, archive.php, comments.php, footer.php, header.php, index.php, page.php, search.php, sidebar.php & single.php.
I got a problem when tried to translate the files using Notepad, I edited & saved, but once I uploaded to the server the Arabic characters were unknown to the browser, that has something to do with the “encoding type”, I think Notepad saves files as “ASCII” while they should be “UTF-8″, I don’t know if it’s possible to change that on Notepad, what I did was switching to Crimson Editor, there I could change the encoding type before editing then saving the files (from: Document > Encoding Type), I guess if you have an advanced Web files editor you’d have a similar option too.
Another thing I want to mention is that I have almost 0 experience of the PHP language, so in fact I messed with the PHP tags the minimum possible & mostly located the HTML parts in the files & modified them.
There maybe other needed changes, but for now all seems OK.
Edit: Now you can download the theme I modified, check it in this post.